About Me

My photo
Beat me with Koffee, a good book and a game of BasketBall/Tennis! You bet, nothing like it! Not to mention, music and dance!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What’s my UID? (Unique identification) –who am I?

Today, I got an offer from a leading investment bank and it stated that ‘The offer and your employment is subject to: Submission of PAN card, Address proof, Nationality proof, Education check, Employment check and so on’. These, precisely define my identification today
So much to authenticate my identification? Fortunately, I did not need so much identification to open my eyes in this beautiful world

A week before I attended a road show from a leading consulting giant organization. The feedback forms asked for my linkedin and twitter account, apart from my mail and cell number, ofcourse. The organization set these parameters to know me, shortlist me and stay connected with me for their product marketing and eventually use me as their beaming sales calculator. Quite identification for the number game

Few years down the line, I am being optimistic about having my UID- Thanks to our great visionary- Nandan Nilekani. In the interest of writing , let me presume – in years to come – the UID will also start getting linked to hotmail, gmail,ymail, rocketmail,Inmail, outmail or any of the ‘male’ that gets inadvertently or advertently invented by then.
Then, my offer would predominately seek my UID and so will the road show feedback Form? May? May not? Will? Definitely will? And the UID will take a prominence in my identification over all other paper documents

Back in the mid nineties my little teenager sis asked me if I could create an email account for her (email w as just picking up then)
“Sure thing, dearie. You intend to write mails and get connected with your friends?” –I asked
Prompt came the reply- “No-very unlikely that any of my friends have an email account. It’s just that -It feels good to have an email identification”
Few years before that, she had taken pride in having a bank account for herself and that she had our own identification through a bank account number

If I were to go back to my growing up years – my identification varied in the form of my birth certificate, then an SSC certificate, HSC certificate, degree certificate, employment certificate, passport, marriage certificate and eventually will lead to a senior citizen certification and an ultimatum death certificate.
At every stage I need these so called certificates for my identification to get a task accomplished; else I lose the game of life and eventually there is no obligation of identification

On a note of introduction, few people would take great pride in introducing and identifying themselves to be from the premier ’I’ institutes or kith and kin of the most prominent people in the industry (either crickets or politicians or bollywood). Are they indeed what they identify themselves to be?

Did these identifications or Will the empowering UID really identify me? Will it tell the prospective employer or anybody for that matter -Who am I? Will this authentication means represent real facts of me? Tons of budgets would go in procuring the UID for me. I could, by all means – still get an identity by misrepresentation of the basics by overcoming all checks against a base database. Who am I? – Can it be authenticated through a 12-digit number? Real knowledge of a person can be gained only through experience. A person can proclaim to be what he is, can represent any facts on this evergreen e-world, But – A real litmus test to know anybody is through time well spent. NO UID or SSN on this earth will unearth a person’s true identification, nothing could replace the time you spend with the person to know the authentic him/her.
So what’s my identity?

As said, let’s leave it to time we spend with each other. Though I would call myself a simple being, who loves the effortless pleasures of life and has taken akin to blogging. The blog bug has bitten me for the basic reason of freedom of complete expression! Would love to write on nothing specific, but anything in general –could be a breath of fresh air, or a chance encounter or maybe on ‘Is it immoral to seek a bit of unhappiness by a so called deemed unethical way’!

Here’s me….and I would love to have this much interactive platform for UID-You, I and our Deem (rather Deemed thoughts)

11 comments:

  1. Good one. Mind blowing thoughts and conclusions. Keep it up and thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. meenu you are great women good wife good mother hamara tumko salam
    ok god beles you by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Meenu.... Perhapts Mr. Nilkani should be reading this somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dear keep it up..ur talents has to get noticed..god bless men

    ashwin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who am I?
    People need to get matured to answer this ........

    Good thought
    Keep posting

    Ajay .......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this..Who am I and you have done a great job not just pushing your personality thru your writing but also in bringing up such an important topic.I was wondering what different thoughts were jotted down by people as comments.I was curious to know what they thought on this topic.Honestly comments shud as well be made on the topic.I think thats what keeps the discussion going.
    That being said, it is really crucial for every person to know :who we are?what are we here for?By experience we learn and by experience we grow,but I think deep down we are still who we were born as.Nothing changes on the inside,everything changes on the outside...But we deliberately neglect the pure mind and embrace the illusionary world, forgetting the original and admiring the fake.I have a lot to say but who has the patience to read.Most of them ignore looking at the size of the comment...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ajai - Thanks for your kind words, motivates me a lot

    @Anonymous: Thanks

    @Ashwin, @Prasanna -Thanks guys!

    @Anonymous - I hope so too!!!!

    @Ajay-I agree with you on that. Hope I can continue to post

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sai Baba: First off, apprecaite you taking the effort to put a thougtful commentNicely said - Forgetting the original and admiring the fake. I would read the comments, regardless of the size and once again -must say - well thought and commented. Thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHO AM I? This question is being asked from the time life came to existence.
    I was watching TV serial "Chandragupta Maurya".
    There was this interesting story, when Chanakya was in search of a person who could become king of Magadh and defeat Alexander in war. He sees a young boy who was a slave. He saw that this young boy was determined, compassionate, had ability to change defeat to victory, enthusiasm and courage to make impossible possible. He had power of body, thought and soul.
    Probably this was Chandragupta's UID that made him emperor from slave.
    What is my UID? Who am I?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Vinita: Thats indeed an inspiring tale and nice of you to share it over here,especially in such a succint fashion. Must catch a few episodes of that serial.

    ReplyDelete