About Me

My photo
Beat me with Koffee, a good book and a game of BasketBall/Tennis! You bet, nothing like it! Not to mention, music and dance!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Miserably Failed Pied Piper

It’s fun to watch your kids perform on stage! Feels so vibrant and effervescent.  I loved my brat perform to ‘Chak de!’ As much as I liked it for his moves, also loved the patriotism that the song brought in! Ask a Doon school kid about patriotism and one’s heart spurs out. My boy seemed a pied piper to me, who could make me dance so easily when he was there up on the stage!
Reverse situation – the vibrancy and effervescence is lost! (Atleast -so was in my case)
Over a month, I was preparing for my stage show and as the day neared, I was so excited about it! In my enthusiasm, I asked my brat :  
“Beta- Do you look forward to see Mama on stage?”
“Ohhh..Mom…Pls. You females are all so boring. Give me cricket any day to dance”
“Well..you don’t love your Mom! Sigh! “
“Mom—please don’t bug me”
On the day of the show, hubby dear had to make the little brat sit in front of the podium. Not becox my brat wanted to watch Mommy dear perform, but becox father dear could not leave the kid wander without parental attention! Why are rules so strict out in New Jersey, rather the west?
With hands cluttered on his cheeks and beating himself onto his head, my kiddo tried to put up to the dance show boredom as he kept dragging himself with time.
His drag time was further aggravated when the audience applauded “Once more…Once more!!!”
Another 20 minutes of performance and a heavy toll on my brat.
Post the performance, gasping out of breath I asked him – “Beta –did you like the dance?”
“Mom – you are better cooking in the kitchen. To me it seemed like a BIG FAT rat dancing to the pied piper”
“And who was the pied piper?”
“The miserably failed pied piper. The hubby who could only flute but could not put the BIG RAT down the valley ”
Ahem!

-------------------------
Aren't married men pied pipers who always want to get their wives(RATS) down the valley? But in vain...

4 comments:

  1. anyways.........do they have choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous : I so agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the very thorough read of my blog! Appreciate it.

    As you can see, I've been dormant for a while, but I intend to restart things in a bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bullshee: Wasn't that thorough read a marketing gimmick? Tough to beat a sales guy ;)

    See you soon out of your hibernation!

    ReplyDelete